What is LaunchDETROIT?
A Committee of the Rotary District 6400 Foundation, LaunchDETROIT strives to develop successful entrepreneurs, especially women, who have limited access to financial and business resources.
LaunchDETROIT is a multi-faceted program that includes:
- Free small business training: 10 classes of 3 hours each
- Micro-loans $1,000 to $2,500 each
- An assigned mentor from the business community
- Networking opportunities
Individuals who have a great business idea or a current business that would benefit from the combination of business and financial resources LaunchDETROIT provides.
Specific criteria include:
- Applicants must live or work in the Detroit region
- Ability to supply product or service that can generate profit
- Demonstrate need for financial and business resources
- Be interviewed by selection committee
- Complete business training offered during 10 week period
- Develop business plan and budget
- Willingness to meet and/or communicate regularly with assigned business mentor
- Ability to repay micro-loan, in regular installments, within 12 months of receipt of loan
- Current Rotarians are ineligible for funding
- The selection process will include an interview. Interviews will be scheduled during August 2016
- Selected applicants will attend an orientation held in late September 2016
- Classes begin September 29, 2016; one night/week for 10 weeks
- Candidate presents business plan at follow-up interview with Selection Committee
- LaunchDETROIT candidate receives a certificate upon successful completion of business training and business plan presentation
- Upon successful completion, applicants will be considered for micro-loans
What is Rotary?
We are 1.2 million neighbors, friends, and community leaders who come together to create positive, lasting change in our communities and around the world.
What is Rotary District 6400?
Rotary District 6400 is a grouping of 48 Rotary Clubs in Southeast Michigan and Southwest Ontario. We have been serving our communities and the world since 1910.
A Committee of the Rotary District 6400 Foundation, LaunchDETROIT is powered by members and the clubs of Rotary District 6400.
A Committee of the Rotary District 6400 Foundation, LaunchDETROIT is powered by Rotary volunteers.
- Margaret Williamson, Chair
- Jim Ives, Treasurer
- Kim Spirou, Secretary
- Lawrence Wright
- Donna Schmidt
- Mary Kehoe
- Yvonne Langley
- Margaret Blohm
- Bob Ziolkowski
- Mary Ferris
- Noel Jackson
- Richard Caron
- Charles Clark
- Geno Salomone
- Sue Goldsen
- Sarah Wright, Recorder